Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.lisahiggins.com.au.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Lisa Higgins Massage is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects and receives.
• the kinds of personal information Lisa Higgins Massage collects & holds;
• how Lisa Higgins Massage collects and holds your personal information;
• why Lisa Higgins Massage collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information;
• how you may access and seek the correction of your personal information as held by Lisa Higgins Massage;
• how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) or a registered APP code (if any) that Lisa Higgins Massage is bound by, and how Lisa Higgins Massage will deal with such a complaint; and
• if Lisa Higgins Massage is likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients and the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located (if it is practicable to specify those countries in this policy).
2. Your Personal Information
Lisa Higgins Massage only collects personal information (being information that identifies or could reasonably identify an individual) where Lisa Higgins Massage considers it to be reasonably necessary for Lisa Higgins Massage’s functions and activities.
Lisa Higgins Massage collects personal information to deliver our products and services to members including in circumstances when:
• conducting marketing activities, research & special offers;
• accurately identifying who is using Lisa Higgins Massage’s services;
• communicating with clients and website visitors to Lisa Higgins Massage’s
website and online enquiries;
• operating Lisa Higgins Massage’s business;
• The types of personal information Lisa Higgins Massage collects includes:
• name, age, gender, date of birth, address & next of kin;
• health information (medical conditions, surgeries, medications, family
• contact details (including phone and e-mail);
3. Your Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation or criminal record.
It is Lisa Higgins Massage’s policy to only collect your sensitive information
where it is reasonably necessary for Lisa Higgins Massage’s functions or
activities and either you have consented or Lisa Higgins Massage are required or authorised under law to do so.
The types of sensitive information Lisa Higgins Massage generally collects
includes information relating to health issues that is necessary to properly
provide customers with massage and related services. The types of health
related information include medical history, whether individuals are using
medication, are pregnant and other health related information.
4. How Lisa Higgins Massage collects your personal information
Lisa Higgins Massage will solicit your personal information by lawful and fair
means directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Lisa Higgins Massage will collect directly personal information:
• by email;
• over the telephone (including calls and SMS);
• via social media and over the internet (including surveys);
• by written correspondence;
• on hard copy client information forms;
• in person;
• through the Lisa Higgins Massage website.
5. Unsolicited personal information
Unsolicited personal information is personal information Lisa Higgins Massage receives that Lisa Higgins Massage has taken no active steps to collect (eg, enquiry emails)
Lisa Higgins Massage may keep records of unsolicited personal information if the information is reasonably necessary for one or more of Lisa Higgins Massage’s functions or activities. If not, it is Lisa Higgins Massage’s policy to destroy the unsolicited information or ensure that the information is de-identified, provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
6. Using your personal information
The main purposes for which Lisa Higgins Massage collects, holds, uses and
discloses personal information are to provide services and benefits to clients.
Lisa Higgins Massage can use your information to:
• manage & run Lisa Higgins Massage’s website & social media platforms;
• provide you with information about Lisa Higgins Massage’s services;
• delivering or enhancing Lisa Higgins Massage’s products and services;
• help Lisa Higgins Massage maximise the benefits provided to clients;
• any other purpose directly related to Lisa Higgins Massage’s business and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law).
7. Purpose of collection
If Lisa Higgins Massage collects personal information for a purpose (the primary purpose), Lisa Higgins Massage will not use or disclose the information for any other purpose (the secondary purpose) unless:
you would have consented to the use or disclosure of the your personal
information; or in relation to the use or disclosure of your personal information:
• you would reasonably expect Lisa Higgins Massage to use or disclose your
information for the secondary purpose and the secondary purpose is directly
related to the primary purpose (sensitive information) or related to the
primary purpose (not sensitive information);
• use or disclosure is required or authorised under Australian law or a
• a permitted situation exists in relation to Lisa Higgins Massage’s use or
disclosure of the information;
• a permitted health situation exists in relation to use or disclosure of the
• Lisa Higgins Massage reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the
information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related
activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body.
If Lisa Higgins Massage uses or discloses your information because Lisa Higgins Massage reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of your information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body, Lisa Higgins Massage will make a written note of the use or disclosure.
8. Do you have to provide personal information?
You can refuse to provide personal information. However a refusal may mean
that the service you requested is not provided.
9. Sharing your personal information
Lisa Higgins Massage may use and disclose personal information for related
purposes to third parties. Types of organisations to whom Lisa Higgins Massage may disclose your personal information includes:
• government bodies such as ATO, ASIC, Australian Prudential Regulatory
Authority and the police or courts (as required by law);
• various law enforcement agencies and governments for security, customs and immigration purposes;
• professional or government organisations; and
• external advisers (recruiters, auditors & lawyers).
Lisa Higgins Massage does not rent, sell or exchange your personal information to third parties without your prior approval.
10. Links to other websites
Links to third party websites that Lisa Higgins Massage does not operate or
control are provided for your convenience. Lisa Higgins Massage is not
responsible for the privacy or security practices of those websites. Third party
websites should have their own privacy and security policies which Lisa Higgins Massage encourages you to read before supplying any personal information to them.
11. Direct Marketing
If Lisa Higgins Massage holds your information, Lisa Higgins Massage may use or disclose that information (other than sensitive information) for direct marketing if:
• Lisa Higgins Massage collected the information from you; and
• you would reasonably expect Lisa Higgins Massage to use or disclose the
information for that purpose; and
• Lisa Higgins Massage provided you with a simple way to opt out of receiving
direct marketing from Lisa Higgins Massage; and
• you have not made such an opt out request to Lisa Higgins Massage.
Lisa Higgins Massage may also use or disclose your information (other than
sensitive information) for direct marketing if:
Lisa Higgins Massage collected the information from you and you would not
reasonably expect Lisa Higgins Massage to use or disclose the information for
that purpose or someone other than you; and
• you have consented to the use or disclosure of the information for that
• it is impracticable to obtain that consent; and
• Lisa Higgins Massage provided you with a simple way to opt out of receiving
direct marketing from Lisa Higgins Massage; and
• in each direct marketing communication with you:
• Lisa Higgins Massage includes a prominent statement that you can request to
opt out; or
• Lisa Higgins Massage otherwise draw your attention to the fact that you can
request to opt out; and
• you have not made such a request to Lisa Higgins Massage.
Lisa Higgins Massage can use or disclose your sensitive information for the
purpose of direct marketing if you have consented to the use or disclosure of that information for direct marketing.
If Lisa Higgins Massage has collected the personal information that Lisa
Higgins Massage used to send you direct marketing material from a third party, you can ask Lisa Higgins Massage to notify you of its source of information. It is Lisa Higgins Massage’s policy to do so unless it is unreasonable or impracticable.
12. How to opt out of direct marketing
If Lisa Higgins Massage uses or discloses your personal information for the
purpose of direct marketing, you may request not to receive direct marketing
communications from Lisa Higgins Massage.
13. Protecting your personal information
Lisa Higgins Massage stores information in different ways, including paper and electronic form. Lisa Higgins Massage takes reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including:
• secure password protected databases for storage;
• confidentiality requirements of staff;
• document storage security requirements;
• granting access only to verified individuals;
Lisa Higgins Massage cannot guarantee that personal information will be
protected against unauthorized access or misuse and Lisa Higgins Massage does not accept any liability for the improper actions of unauthorised third parties.
Lisa Higgins Massage will retain your personal information for as long as
necessary to fulfil Lisa Higgins Massage’s obligations to you, to protect its legal interests, to comply with laws or as otherwise stated to you when Lisa Higgins Massage collects your personal information.
Once Lisa Higgins Massage is no longer required to retain your personal
information, Lisa Higgins Massage will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information or to ensure that your personal information is de-
14. Disclosing your personal information overseas
Lisa Higgins Massage may disclose your personal information to other third
party service providers operating outside Australia who work with Lisa Higgins Massage or one of Lisa Higgins Massage’s suppliers, related companies, agents, or partners, or its master franchisor. Lisa Higgins Massage may also store your personal information on servers based overseas or in the “cloud” or other types of networked or electronic storage.
Before disclosing your personal information to an overseas third party, Lisa
Higgins Massage will first take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas
• does not breach the APPs in relation to your personal information; or
• the recipient of the information is subject to a law, or binding scheme, that
has the effect of protecting your personal information in a way that is
substantially similar to the way in which the APPs protect the information.
You acknowledge and understand that by providing such consent:
• Lisa Higgins Massage will not be required to take steps as are reasonable in
the circumstances to ensure that such third parties comply with the APPs;
• if the overseas recipient handles your personal information in breach of the
• Lisa Higgins Massage will not be liable under the Act; and
• you will not be able to seek redress under Act.
• the overseas recipient may not be subject to any privacy law or principles
similar to the APPs;
• you may be unable to seek redress overseas;
• the overseas recipient may be subject to a foreign law that could compel the
disclosure of personal information to a third party, such as an overseas
If you withdraw consent, Lisa Higgins Massage will not rely on this consent when dealing with your personal information going forward.
You have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when
dealing with Lisa Higgins Massage provided that is it lawful and practicable.
Lisa Higgins Massage will try to accommodate a request for anonymity if
possible. However, your right to anonymity does not apply in relation to a
• Lisa Higgins Massage is required/authorised by law or court/tribunal order
to deal with identified individuals; or
• it is impracticable for Lisa Higgins Massage to deal with individuals who have
not identified themselves.
It is Lisa Higgins Massage’s policy to enable you to access Lisa Higgins Massage’s website and make general phone queries without having to identify yourself.
In some cases however, if you don’t provide Lisa Higgins Massage with your
personal information when requested, Lisa Higgins Massage may not be able to respond to your request or provide you with service.
16. Accessing to your personal information
You have the right, upon request, to access any of Lisa Higgins Massage’s records containing your personal information.
To request access to your personal information please contact the Lisa Higgins.
Lisa Higgins Massage will respond to your request to access your personal
information within a reasonable period of time.
On the basis that it is reasonable and practicable to do so, Lisa Higgins Massage
will give you access to the information requested.
If Lisa Higgins Massage refuses your request to access personal information, Lisa Higgins Massage will provide a written notice setting out the reasons for the refusal & how you can complain about the refusal.
Reasons for a refusal may include if it:
• poses a serious threat to the life, health or safety;
• would have unreasonable impact on privacy of others;
• is frivolous or vexatious;
• relates to legal proceedings;
• reveals Lisa Higgins Massage’s intentions or prejudices any negotiations;
• would be unlawful;
• is required or authorised by law or court/tribunal order;
• is likely to prejudice enforcement related activities; or
• relates to a commercially sensitive decision process.
When you make a request to access personal information, Lisa Higgins Massage will require you to provide some form of identification (such as a driver’s licence or passport) so Lisa Higgins Massage can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates.
17. Help Lisa Higgins Massage keep your personal information accurate
Lisa Higgins Massage will take reasonable steps to ensure Lisa Higgins Massage’s records of personal information are accurate, up to date and complete.
However, the accuracy of information depends to a large extent on the
information you provide. If you do not give Lisa Higgins Massage all the personal information Lisa Higgins Massage may require, or the personal information provided is inaccurate or incomplete, then the products, services and information Lisa Higgins Massage provide may be affected.
If you think there is something wrong with the information Lisa Higgins Massage holds about you please contact the Lisa Higgins Massage to:
• let Lisa Higgins Massage know if there are any errors; and
• keep Lisa Higgins Massage up-to-date with any changes,
• and Lisa Higgins Massage will try to correct your personal information.
Lisa Higgins Massage will respond to your request to correct your personal
information free of charge and in a reasonable period of time. If Lisa Higgins
Massage refuses your request, Lisa Higgins Massage will provide you with a
written notice setting out the reasons for the refusal and mechanisms available to complain about the refusal.
If Lisa Higgins Massage refuses to correct your personal information, you may
request that Lisa Higgins Massage associate your information with a statement that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Lisa Higgins Massage will take reasonable steps to make the statement visible to users of your personal information.
If Lisa Higgins Massage does correct your personal information and Lisa Higgins Massage has previously disclosed your personal information to a third party, upon your request, Lisa Higgins Massage will notify that third party of the correction unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
18. Dealing with SPAM and Do Not Call register
Lisa Higgins Massage will not send you any commercial electronic messages
unless it is permitted by the Spam Act (e.g., Lisa Higgins Massage has your
express/inferred consent). Any commercial electronic message that Lisa Higgins Massage sends will identify Lisa Higgins Massage as the sender and will include relevant contact details and an unsubscribe facility. If you do not wish to receive
commercial electronic messages from Lisa Higgins Massage, please contact the Lisa Higgins Massage.
Lisa Higgins Massage will not call you on a number on the Do Not Call Register unless permitted under the Do Not Call Register Act & related instruments. If you don’t wish Lisa Higgins Massage to call you on a particular number, please contact Lisa Higgins Massage.
19. Resolving your privacy issues
If you have any issues you wish to discuss with Lisa Higgins Massage or if you’re
concerned about how Lisa Higgins Massage has collected or managed your
personal information please contact Lisa Higgins Massage.
For information about privacy or if your concerns are not resolved, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.
Lisa Higgins Massage may, from time to time, review and update this privacy
policy to take account of new laws and changes to Lisa Higgins Massage’s